Minister to Children and Families
Primary task: Oversee the healthy and age appropriate spiritual development of children from birth through elementary school, and minister to their families.
- Provide Sunday leadership by supporting Sunday School teachers, planning Children’s Sermon, and resourcing Children’s Church volunteers.
- Oversee/lead Wednesday night activities: Devotion, Choir (led by Music Minister), and recreation time in the gym.
- Guide spiritual development of children from dedication through baptism.
- Plan Annual events (included but not limited to) – VBS, Retreats, Fall Festival, Easter Egg Hunt.
- Provide pastoral care as needed and help families feel welcomed into the overall life of the church.
- Develop programs which help develop healthy families within the congregation. This may include, but not be limited to, educational programs connected to parenting, marriage, divorce care, grief, etc.
- Oversee Director as (s)he oversees hired/volunteer staff and help assure best practices are followed.
- Have a supportive working relationship with the Weekday Preschool Director and, as needed, a ministerial presence with staff/families connected to the preschool.
- Ad hoc member of the Preschool Team.
General Staff Minister
- Be present and participate in worship leadership, pastoral care, and other ministry tasks as needed and/or assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Be creative and open as the ministry of First Baptist continues to grow and form.
Please send questions or resumes to email@example.com by May 19th.