FBCSSI youth provides 6th through 12th graders with an accepting and encouraging community where they can build a lasting faith as they learn the good news about Jesus and live out God’s will for their lives.
Sunday school is more like an invitation to explore than school. Here we will explore the story of God found in scripture while asking, “how does this story intersect with, challenge, affirm, and transform my story?” We ask practical questions about life and faith, all in the context of God’s story found in the Bible.
9:15am-Fellowship (Yes, it is early, does doughnuts make it better?)
Nearly every Sunday night, we hang out. We watch movies. We play games. We have fun. All the while we talk and share life together. Times and locations vary so please contact me about the details for next Sunday!
707 on Wednesday Mornings
During the school year, we get together every Wednesday morning at 7:07 at local restaurants (Chick Fil A and Sweet Mama’s are staples) to fellowship before school, hear a word of encouragement from scripture, and have a time of prayer. It is a great way to start off your day right before facing all that school has to offer.
We meet in the gym at 6pm for a time of fellowship and games, then we head up to the youth room in order to worship, pray, and talk about what God has to say about issues we face in real life.
In addition to these great opportunities to explore and have fun, we have a variety of other activities that will be sure to encourage and challenge.
* Hearts and Hands—On the first Saturday of every month, the youth have the privilege of delivering meals to members of our community who need a little help.
* Fall Retreat—Every year in September we take a trip to either Disney World or Universal Studio. We have fun at the theme parks, fellowship with one other, and have an awesomely themed Bible study that is sure to deepen and strengthen your faith.
* Missions—One thing we love is to get out into out world and be apart of what God is doing to rescue the world. We are not Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, or Thor. But we are the hands and feet of Jesus in this world. Stay tuned for more information about our opportunities to minister to our community, our nation, and our world!
* Lock ins—We lock ourselves in for the night and play games, hang out, and participate in the wickedest game of manhunt there is! When does this happen? You can be sure that you will find us locked into the church New Year’s Eve.
* In addition we carve pumpkins, go paint balling, have random parties, and more.
As Minster to Youth here, I love spending time with the youth of our church at the many extra curricular activities they are involved in. Please let me know about any sporting, cheerleading, band, music, or any other events coming up. Please contact me at 912-638-3337 or Justin@fbcssi.org.