Dorcas Group Hosts Sister Sewers
The Dorcas group recently entertained three ladies from their “sister” group in Rock Hill, SC., Wynelle Shows, Gail Moss & Cynthia Slagel, who came bearing donations of many sewing supplies. Their proximity to textile mills gives them access to remnants in abundant supply and they share that abundance generously with Dorcas sewers. They also brought 112 “little dresses” and 40 pairs of shorts to be donated to mission groups by Dorcas.
In addition to this “sister” visit, we wanted to give an update on our most recent mission activity:
- 51 dresses (25 made by our Dorcas group and 26 made by our “Sister” Dorcas group) were picked up by Shonda Betts (Glynn Co.Teacher) to be taken to South Africa to a school with a mission of educating children in hopes of breaking the cycle of oppres-sion and poverty and creating hope. Teachers locally will continue to work replenish supplies for this school. (More info about the school: www.lao-setfree.org)
- 25 dresses, 4 man-bags & 4 ditty bags will go to Bread of Hope Mission in Venezuela with Mark Kreikemeier of FBC Alpharetta. (More info: Bread of Hope/Facebook)
- 35 ditty bags & VBS Supplies (crayons, Bible coloring books, glue, etc.) were taken to Shiloh Baptist Church in Americus for their mission trip to Teller Alaska.
- 25 ditty bags, with travel sized hygiene items went to Faithworks locally.
- 125 ditty bags will go with our own youth to Costa Rica to be used in ministry there.
Opportunities are coming to us from far and wide. As we see what individuals and small groups do to spread hope and The Good News,